Sunday, September 2, 2012

My Review of The Expendables 2

This blog is about Ole Skool Music but I decided to write a review, today about the Ole Skool Actors in the movie The Expendables 2!!!

On Friday August 31, 2012, I went to the movie was The Expendables 2.  The main actors were Sylvestor Stallone (Barney Ross), Bruce Willis (Mr. Church), Jet Li (Yin Yang), Jason Statham (Lee Christmas), Dolph Lundgren (Gunnar Jensen), Chuck Norris, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Claude Van Damme.

The movie started with alot of heavy action.  Eventhough I enjoyed the movie tremendously, it was a bit corney and comical - with the appearance of Arnold Schwarzenegger to save the people after the mine was blown up and the part with him and Bruce Willis.  Arnold said his signature line "I'll be back" and Bruce said "No, you are always coming back, I'll be back!"  Well I had a good laugh!

There was another 'good timing' appearance by Chuck Norris - he too saved the day and then he disappeared again.  But what's up with the beard, made him look like a real hermit.  As we are on the topic of hair, lets discuss Arnold's hair.  Doesn't he realize that he is an old man and should style his accordingly.  He should take example from Bruce Willis.  Bruce has gone along with the trend of today with men going bald mostly to hide early balding and the grey hairs which will indicate - hey I am getting old.

The young man, character name Billy The Kid (Liam Hemsworth), the moment he discussed his decision with Sylvestor Stallone to leave the group to move forward with his life, I knew he would die early in the movie.  It was sad the way he died but any way - hey it's only a movie!

Claude Van Damme was the bad guy in the movie.  He had a tattoo, of a the head of a goat, on his neck and he said the goat is the Satan's pet. I noticed that his accent has not improved alot even after been in so many American action movies.

I loved the surprise of see each Ole Skool Actor.  It was thrilling.  But from the producer point of prospective, it seems that each actor was given a little piece of the action.  But I was a bit disappointed with the small role of Jet Li.  I thought either Jet Li or Jason Statham (I love this guy!) would have been given the opportunity to showcase their martial skills against Van Damme but Stallone was choosen eventhough he is not a martial arts guy.

Another piece of script that I found amusing, Bruce Willis purchased Stallone a replacement plane because he had crashed his in attempt to save a group of villagers.  The plane that Bruce bought was real old and it was commented that it belonged in a museum and Arnold's response was "Hey we all do!"

Overall I enjoyed the movie, I am happy that I choose to see The Expendables 2!

Labels: , , , , , , ,